Sunday, April 09, 2006

Two girls

April 2006

Two girls.

Well not girls anymore, but girls in my memory, Two girls who made no significant impact on my past. One the girlfriend of an ex-colleague, the other a girl I used to walk home with after a night at the youth club but never had sufficient courage to ask out.
Anyway, for some reason, unknown to me, I found myself thinking of each of them in the last week. There was no reason for this, I had not seen either of them for more years than I care to think about.

On Friday night though, I found myself alone, and walked up to a local bar. I have never been there before, in fact it has a reputation for being a bit rough. Perhaps I hoped a bit of rough would approach me.
What a surprise, as I walked up to the bar to see each of the girls. Not girls anymore, but middle aged women wearing size 16 jeans. One of them I could see immediately was wearing a wedding ring, sat with a man, who was not my ex-colleague.
The other though showed all the signs of being single, out with her girlfriends, getting slowly drunk.

Often, I caught her looking at me. I wondered if she recognised me. I hoped she would, and might try to chat me up a bit, despite her size.

She did nothing though, and niether did I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home