Thursday, June 29, 2006

Good shaped nose

December 2002

On Boxing Day, I called her a little later, having again made the excuse of needing to exercise my leg.

'Did you get the email, honey?'

Of course, I hadn't checked.

'I will let you read it' she said, and we spent the next hour or so talking about other things.

Early the following morning I read her note:

'Honey,

I meant everything I said yesterday. You are definitely the one for me. I can't wait for our happy life to begin. I have no doubt. Just tell me when that day will be.

You know what honey? I am not one of those lower class girls who just choose a man for his money. They marry early to escape their bad home life. But as you say, I have a happy home, so I can marry for the love. And I have a good job, I make my own money. So I am not one of those girls. So don't worry honey, I am a decent girl from a good family. You are lucky that you find me, and not one of those other girls.

Honey, the Chinese fortune teller always tell me, I have a good shaped nose. My nose will bring my future husband good luck about the money. If he has a job, he will be promoted. If he has a business, he will get more clients. So if you marry me honey, you will be successful. I know that is very important to a man. So you see, I can help your career too.

Honey, I love you, and I will always be by your side. But honey, I will be patient, I will wait for you.'

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

A nose, for luck ...
This is fascinating.
She spent a lot of time trying to convince you of her worthiness. How much time did you spend convincing her of yours?

2:34 pm  
Blogger something from me said...

Are you asking me to divulge the plot?
Yes, she truly believed in the power of her nose.

Thanks for the email. You are looking after me well.

3:26 pm  
Blogger Tony Garage said...

I really think is very good. I would like to read more.

3:03 am  
Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

I agree with Theresa. It is puzzling how she just keeps pressing the whole marriage thing. I would think that she would want you to come to the realization without her help. Since we usually don't hear the intimate details of other people's lives, except for loud neighbors and reality tv, it is interesting to hear all this. When people saw you as a couple, I wonder if they could have guessed that she acted this way...

4:38 am  
Blogger something from me said...

Thanks Momento Mori, do come again.

Anali, at this stage of the story, very few people saw us together, except complete strangers.

9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home