Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sleeping in

January 2003

In the morning, I went into the office for a meeting with Henry and Nicky, who had traveled down from the Shanghai office. We were due to discuss the year end accounts; my justification for the business trip.

I knew Henry liked to be away early on a Saturday, so the meeting would be a short one. Nicky was traveling back to Shanghai the following day. So by midday, I was ready to return to the hotel. Just as I was leaving, Henry invited me out to dinner that evening. I felt obliged to accept, since I had refused him a few times on my last visit. I wasn't happy though, as that was now an evening I couldn't spend with Maggie.

I got back to the hotel around 12.30, and was surprised to find Maggie still asleep. She stirred as I entered the room, and I asked if she wanted some lunch. 'Later' she said.

There was nothing else for it, so I undressed and climbed into bed, and wrapping my arms around her I held her as she slept. I wondered, if she always spent her weekends sleeping in.

It was another hour or more before she started to wake up, and as she did so, we started to kiss, and then make love. Afterwards I held her as she drifted in and out of sleep. I was amazed at the amount of sleep she needed.

It was after 3pm when we climbed into a taxi and headed towards Wan Chai to get some lunch. 'You know honey, it's cheaper at this time' Maggie informed me, 'it's what the restaurants call the embarrassing time'

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Maybe I need to go back and read the archives, but at this point, does anyone in your life know about your relationship with Maggie?

1:06 pm  
Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

Sleeping all the time? Hmm. I have a theory.

4:49 pm  
Blogger something from me said...

At this stage Theresa, no, no-one else in my life knows.
You were right last time too.

Anali,
Tell me your theory..

11:08 pm  
Blogger Lisa Johnson said...

Pregnant?

5:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home