Friday, May 25, 2007

St Valentine

February 2003

I awoke early the next morning because I wanted to send an email to Maggie, and the dial up from my room, I knew from past experience, would take an age.

When I finally got connection, I sent her a picture of a single red rose with a short version of the St Valentines story. It was Valentines day. I assumed that St Valentine would mean something to her.

When I arrived in work, I got her reply; ‘so happy to receive your valentines message, and today I opened the card that come to the office for me, you know it said from my secret admirer? Who is that secret admirer? I think he is my handsome sexy superman’

I wrote back; ‘I cannot know who your secret admirer might be. I think you might have many’

Later, I got another email; ‘You know what honey, the beautiful flowers were delivered to me just now. From my secret admirer. We know who that is, don’t we. Thank you honey, you give me so much face’

A while later, the receptionist called me to say that Maggie was on the phone. This was unusual, she rarely called me.

‘Hi honey’ She said,’ I couldn’t wait to talk to you and tell you thank you for the flowers, they are so beautiful. Everyone in the office says so. They all notice that. They can see that you love me. This is my perfect day. And it is all thanks to you’

And when she got home there was another card waiting. I’d given it to her sister before leaving Hong Kong. That one was signed by me.

It was a happy conversation that evening. All the difficulties of the past few days were forgotten.

‘Tomorrow, I will take the camera to work and take pictures of the flowers, then you can see next time we meet’

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I'm Juankydanzas. Your blog is fantastic. Now you can visit my blog: http://juankydanzas.blogspot.com and you can write a comment
Thanks

12:59 pm  
Blogger KAYLEE said...

Helllo,your blog is great.I enjoyed reading that:)

1:08 am  
Blogger something from me said...

Thanks to Juankydanzas and
Thanks to Kaylee.

I will look at your blogs soon.
Keep reading. There is a lot more to say.

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home