Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What do you think?

January 2003

In the morning, amongst others, I found the following email:

‘Honey, let me know what you think…….
Taipei - four days, three nights, 3* hotel, leaving HK on Thursday 6th February - HKD3500. Bangkok – three days, two nights, 3* hotel, leaving HK on Thursday 6th February – HKD4000. Vietnam – four days, three nights, 3* hotel, leaving HK on Wednesday 5th February – HKD3250. Singapore – three days, two nights, 4* hotel, leaving HK on Wednesday 5th February – HKD4500……………’

And so it went on, including it seemed, every major city in Asia. After the second option, I wasn’t really reading, I skimmed over the rest, and replied simply:

‘Anywhere is ok for me. What would you like to do?’

That afternoon, I called her around the usual time. After the usual pleasantries, she said, ‘Did you get the email? I spoke to another agent. They say, we can go to Taipei, three nights, four days on the tour, in 3* hotel for HKD3200, of 4* hotel for HKD3600. If you rather go to Vietnam, then four days, three nights will cost HKD3500 for 3* hotel, but they only have four places left, so you need to tell me tonight if you want to go to Vietnam. Otherwise, we could go to Phuket for three days, two nights for HKD3500, or Bangkok for HKD3250. What do you think?’

I didn’t get chance to answer.

‘Then they also have a three day trip to KL, but we have to join the tour, that is quite good price too, only HKD3300. What about Singapore, you never been there right? Three days will cost HKD4150, I don’t know why Singapore is more expensive, it is quite boring place, but if you never been, then why not? Or we can just go to China, maybe Beijing, you don’t need to go to Shanghai, right?’

I never knew she could talk so fast.

‘So honey, what do you think?’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home