Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rise from the dead

November 2002

It took me completely by surprise the next day when Maggie mentioned, for the first time, her (so called) admirers.

Who were these people? And why wait around, staying in every night, for someone half the world away, when you have eligible and eager young men on your doorstep?

It seemed like a strange thing to mention to a prospective boyfriend, to me anyway. At the time I didn't doubt what she said. I simply wondered why she said it.

Periodically, after that, they would creep into our conversation; never, at my instigation though. And there never seemed to be any reason why we should talk about them.

After the first time they were mentioned, I wrote her a short story, in which I was a valiant knight on a trusty steed. As I rode forth, drawing my mighty sword, I would slay every last one of them.

She wrote; 'as long as you treat me well, take care of me, you would always be my champion'

It wasn't enough to kill them once though, for these guys could rise from the dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yup, they rise from the dead. They are either vampires or zombies.

8:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home