Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Can you do that?

January 2003

So we said our goodbyes, and I jumped in a taxi to Central Station to get the airport express. I refused Maggie’s offer to travel with me as far as the station.

Later, as I headed toward the gate, to board the plane, my phone rang, ‘honey, I miss you already, I love you, do you know that. Mother said, I shouldn’t let you go if it makes me so unhappy’

‘Babe, don’t be unhappy, remember we will see each other soon’
‘Honey, I know. I have no doubt, but I don’t want to be a parting any more. When I am with you, I am so happy. Honey, say we will be together forever. Promise me honey, can you do that?’

So I promised.

Feeling good, I boarded the plane and an hour later I was airborne. I chose not to sleep this time, so that I could take plenty of fluids and regular exercise. Around 5am I landed in Heathrow, sent Maggie a text, picked up my car and headed for the London office.

The day was uneventful. I called Maggie around 2pm, and then left early for the long drive home. It being Friday, the traffic was heavy, giving me plenty of time to think…..


Maybe I could see Maggie one more time….. I don’t think anyone suspected anything thus far…….but how could I bring her to the UK?……. so close to home……. what possible excuse could I give?....... there’s no chance……… unless I can find another way….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home